As one in five South Australians self-report having a disability, public transport plays an important role in promoting and preserving the quality of life for many individuals.
Adelaide Metro is committed to continually improving public transport services and infrastructure, making public transport more accessible and easier to use for people with disabilities.
Fact sheets with information to make travelling on public transport easier and more accessible for people with disabilities are available to download or view.
Topics of particular interest for people with a disability include:
- Safer Travel for Passengers using Disability Aids on Public Transport PDF
- Safer Travel for Passengers using Disability Aids on Public Transport RTF
- Priority Seating and Allocated Space on Public Transport PDF
- Priority Seating and Allocated Space on Public Transport RTF
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion have produced a series of fact sheets on a range of disability related topics. To view this information visit the sa.gov.au website.
Video clips have been made to help everyone as we transition to the new smartcard ticketing system.
Video clips have been enhanced to meet the information needs of customers who will benefit from:
- Spoken, plain English instructions for those who prefer to be instructed this way, rather than in writing
- Subtitles for those who are hard of hearing or are more fluent in written communication
- Use of pictures and photographs with highlights to enable customers to be more familiar with equipment before encountering it
- AUSLAN sign-language presentation on-screen of all content
Metrocards and tickets – how to get them, use them and interact with the equipment on Adelaide Metro services.
Buying a metroticket at an
Features of machines on
Buying or recharging a metrocard
Buying a metroticket with cash using
Recharge your metrocard using a
Checking the balance on your metrocard
Buying a metroticket with EFTPOS
The video clips above are able to be viewed by clicking your mouse on the “>” play icon. More video topics will be added over time.
As this information is for all customers, you’ll see that these ‘thumbnails’ (reduced size picture) accompany the relevant content throughout the Adelaide Metro website.
All video clips can be found on YouTube.
A DVD containing the video clips is available from libraries, community centres and various groups.
If having this information would be useful to orientate and educate people in your community group, please request by phoning the Adelaide Metro InfoLine or by using a feedback form on this site.