metroCARDs for people visiting Adelaide
A Visitor metroCARD is $25.50
- Three days in a row of unlimited travel at any time on buses, trains and trams in the Adelaide Metro network
- It could save you 20-50% on public transport costs compared to MetroTicket or other metroCARD options
- Available to buy from the Adelaide Metro InfoCentre at the Adelaide Railway Station on North Terrace, Adelaide.
Cruise ship metroCARD
A Cruise ship metroCARD is $10 (or $5 for eligible Australian concession card holders)
- One full day of unlimited travel at any time on buses, trains and trams in the Adelaide Metro network
- Available to buy from the Outer Harbor railway station, near where your ship docks, or the Adelaide Metro InfoCentre at the Adelaide Railway Station on North Terrace, Adelaide
- You need to have your cruise ship pass with you to buy or travel with a Cruise ship metroCARD
- Two children up to the age of 15 can travel for free when they are with an adult who is using a Cruise ship metroCARD.
Using your metroCARD
The time on a Visitor or Cruise ship metroCARD starts the first time you validate it on a bus, train, tram or at platform gates. When you validate your card on a vehicle, the machine will display when your card expires.
You can recharge your metroCARD (in $5 blocks) and use it at regular metroCARD fare prices if you'd like to use it for more days.
Find out more about Adelaide Metro fares to compare these cards with regular metroCARDs.
Use our interactive map to find where to buy tickets and tourist passes, recharge your metroCARD, check the expiry date of your pass, or get information.