On this page
- Regular Fares
- 2 Section Metrocard
- Concession Holder and Tertiary Student Fares
- Primary and Secondary Student Fares
- Seniors Metrocard
- Country fares
Prices shown are effective from the Sunday 3 July, 2016.
Purchase a Metro Card for $5 for regular passengers or $3.50 for Concession and Student passengers and add at least $5 value to your Card, or purchase a Singletrip or Daytrip ticket each time you travel.
3-Day Visitor Pass
Explore Adelaide for 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel.
For more information please visit the 3-Day Visitor Pass page.
The cost of an all inclusive 28-Day Pass for metroCARD will help you save hundreds of dollars each year.
For more information please visit the 28-Day Pass Rates page.
A two section fare allows you to travel two sections which is approximately 3 kilometres. Unlike Adelaide Metro Zone fares, you are unable to transfer services when travelling on a two section fare. Timetables and bus stops have symbols which indicate the commencement of a section. Look out for the section marker indicator on your timetable map.
Please note that the two section Metrocard and the Regular Metrocard are two separate cards, therefore you will not be able to travel further than two sections with this card.
What is a concession fare?
Cost of card $3.50
Concession singletrip Metroticket
Concession daytrip Metroticket
Primary and Secondary Students|
What is a student concession fare?
Cost of card $3.50
Student singletrip Metroticket
Student daytrip Metroticket
What is a seniors concession fare?
- Accompanied children under five years old travel free at all times.
- On weekends, school holidays and public holidays two children under 15 years of age travel free when accompanied by an adult using a daytrip ticket.
- Concession travel - If you travel using a concession or student ticket, you must carry a South Australian Government approved concession card or you may be fined. For more information visit the Concession Cards page.
- Please note that a Health Care Card does not entitle the holder to concession benefits on public transport. To be eligible for concession, customers must be able to produce a Transport Concession Card, available through the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion, or a valid student card issued by your educational institution.
- Seniors card holders travel free before 7.01am, 9.01am to 3.00pm and after 7.00pm weekdays and all day Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
- Adelaide Metro will deduct a fare from the metrocard every time the card is touched on at the start of a journey on an Adelaide Metro service. Excluding seniors metrocards validated during the free travel period as well as 2-section metrocards, all metrocards can be used to transfer within the two hour period after the ticket is first validated. For more information visit the Seniors page.
- 1 Bikes and Surfboards are not allowed on buses or trams.
Bikes can be carried Free on trains Monday to Friday – between 9.01am and 3.00pm or between 6.00pm and the last service when space is available.
Bikes can be carried Free Saturday, Sunday & public holidays – all day when space is available. At all other times a peak concession fare must be purchased for your bike.
Country fares apply to travel in the Adelaide Hills beyond the Adelaide Metro fare boundary.
Different fares are charged for different journey lengths, as well as for concession holders and children.
See the fare table for prices for your journey.
Adult fares are shown in the top row of each journey in the table below.
An Adult Multi Rider Intertown is available giving you 10 trips for around the price of 7.5!
Persons travelling on a concession fare must produce a valid entitlement card.
Concession fares are 75% of the adult fare and are shown in italic.
PENSIONER, SENIOR and STUDENT
Pensioner, Senior and Student fares are 50% of the adult fare shown below.
This fares apply to:
- Pensioners with Pensioner Concession Cards issued by the Department of Social Security
- Public Transport approved Seniors Cards
- Full time students with Public Transport approved student ID cards
Children over 4 years and under 15 years of age
Child fares are 50% of the adult fare shown below.
Children under 4 years of age travel free.
Interpeak fares of 75% adult fare are available between 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday.
Strath Day Care Loop and Strath school services
Adult peak $3.00
Adult interpeak $2.25
Callington and Macclesfield Community Services
Adult all times $3.60
For more information, phone LinkSA on 8339 7544.