Metrocard is an electronic smart card and is the best option for frequent public transport users.
It is safe and convenient, offering handy features such as:
- Protection of your card in case it is lost or stolen
- Auto-recharge option so you never run out of credit
- Your metrocard will automatically calculate the best fare when you travel peak or off-peak.
Metroticket is a paper ticket and it the best option for infrequent public transport users or those who don’t need a metrocard.
- Singletrip tickets are valid for 2 hours
- Daytrip tickets are valid until 4am the next morning.
Passengers are required to have exact change (or close to) to purchased Metrotickets on board.